VIDAS®: Constantly evolving with you
VIDAS® and miniVIDAS® instruments are multiparametric immunoassay systems designed to help provide the most accurate laboratory results.
With more than 2,000 food laboratories who have chosen VIDAS solutions for their routine analyses, bioMérieux is the worldwide leader in automated solutions for pathogen screening.
- For Agri/Food Quality Control
- For Nutraceutical
Features and Benefits
VIDAS® is an automated, multiparametric immunoassay system. This uniquely designed testing device stores the calibration in the analyzer's memory, thus optimizing the cost-per-sample result. Plus, with its ready-to-use reagents, minimum maintenance, ease of use and uni/bi-directional interface, labor cost is also optimized. Automation and kinetic assay reactions yield rapid turnaround time.
The VIDAS system allows for a flexible work routine with:
- a sectioned architecture (5 sections of 6 tests each)
- an add-on modular system
- more efficient workflow
- batch testing (up to 100 tests/2 hr.)
- single sample testing
- random test capability
- multiparametric testing
- All VIDAS assays are single-dose format assays
- Everything included in one kit
- No reagent preparation – just load and go
Easy to Use
- Always ready with no startup and minimal maintenance
- Ready-to-use reagents – just load and go
- Single test reaction strip
- Batch or multiple assay testing
- Reliable system with MTBF* > 1,000 days
*Mean Time Between Failure
miniVIDAS® is a compact version of the VIDAS® system with a built-in computer, keyboard and printer. Two independent sections each accept six tests and can process up to 12 samples simultaneously.
This automated immunoassay system is reliable and economical. It uses ELFA (Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay) technology, has no carryover risks, requires a one-point recalibration once every 14 days depending on the assay and optimizes the cost per sample for batch or single sample testing. In addition, the menu of available assays is constantly growing.